As a 3D Character Artist, you will need to solve a wide range of problems with well-rounded experience across multiple disciplines, with specialization in Character production workflow.
As an extension to our in-house team, you thrive on collaboration and report to the Lead Artist to work towards content pushes and milestones on the project you are assigned to.
- Delivering excellence
- Works efficiently and effectively within the technical constraints of production
- Generates high-quality artwork that matches or exceeds project standards
- Independent, with minimal guidance required
- Keep the Lead Artist up to date regarding status of tasks at all times
- Obtain the Lead Artists guidance and approval as needed on tasks
- Proactively schedule own time as necessary, notify Managers and Lead Artists in advance of upcoming roadblocks and challenges
- In ownership and having full proficiency of the following software:
- Zbrush 2021.6.4
- Maya 2020
- Substance Painter (Adobe Substance): 7.2.1
- Experience and interest in creating assets in the stylized art style of the following games:
- Sims 4
- Ability to accurately translate 2D concepts into real-time 3D assets with minimal guidance and feedback
- Familiarity with stylized character modelling (highpoly, lowpoly, LODs, and textures)
- Prior experience in working with teams and shipping games
- Prior freelancing experience
- Experience in scripting languages, shader materials and in-game asset management are a plus.
- Proficiency in Game Engine technologies such as Unreal with asset integration