Under direct supervision of Lead Artists during the time of the project, the 3D Artist works closely with a team of artists to create assets necessary for monthly content pushes and milestones. The 3D Artist maintains and manages high levels of quality while working in a rapid, rigorous, and timely manner; possesses good modelling and texturing abilities; and has great knowledge of the art processes and internal production pipeline.
The 3D Artist is organized, self-motivated, and communicative, and demonstrates effective multi-tasking ability. A strong command of English grammar and language is a must.
- Delivering excellence
- Works efficiently and effectively within technical constraints of a production
- Generates high-quality artwork that matches or exceeds studio standards
- Create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environments
- Meets deadlines and contributes effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to model and texture high quality game props with the latest PBR standards.
- Props include, but not limited to environment props, vehicles, weapons, flora, etc
- Keep the Lead Artist up to date regarding status of tasks at all times
- Obtain the Lead Artists guidance and approval as needed on tasks, project initiatives and milestones
- Proactively schedule own time as necessary, notify Managers and Lead Artists in advance of upcoming roadblocks and challenges
- Team and personal development
- Consistently refine one’s own artistic abilities and learn new software packages and in-house tools
- Keeping up to date with industry trends that are rooted in gaming technologies.
- Contribute and help build a positive team environment
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned, e.g, technical tasks which includes making advanced materials for environments (master materials, panning material, etc)
- Strong in at least THREE areas of artistic production using industry standard tools such as 3ds Max/Maya/Blender, Substance Painter and Designer/Quixel Mixer, Zbrush
- Environmental modelling and planning
- Vehicle modelling
- Environment Level Design/Placement
- Organic sculpting
- Proficient with the various game engines of the industry such as Unreal Engine 4, Unity etc.
- A strong understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding modeling and great understanding of technical game art theory.
- Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Loves a collaborative environment.
- Good knowledge of modular planning for large assets/environments. Able to plan and create modular pieces to be used to form different variations and plan out terrain and placement for levels.
- Good communication skills able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets; able to articulate and explain own thoughts/understanding for productive discussion
- Have experience with Designer, Houdini, and other node-based art creation tools.
- Having traditional art base eg: painting, sculpting, photography
- Experience in scripting languages, shader materials and in-game asset management are a plus.
- Ability to guide and train Juniors when assistance is required
- Skills in one or more related disciplines—concepting, animation, visual effects, or technical art